Securing admission in a reputed college is a feat itself. A student can take a sigh of relief that the placement drives in their colleges will be good and they will get placed in top MNCs and organizations. Many a lot will get the opportunity to get placed directly in their dream company such as – Amazon, Accenture, Cognizant, Capgemni, Tech Mahindra, Wipro, L&T etc. A good placement drive will set your career right and you won’t have to take a look backward ever. You will climb the ladder of success sooner than others and everything that you have ever dreamt of will come to reality.
To help a student get placed in reputed company, colleges have dedicated Training and Placement Cell of their own. Generally, a Training and Placement Cell grooms a student and is responsible for their holistic development. The members of a Training and Placement Cell are highly experienced, and they have a strong network or connection with enterprises. They help a student with CV writing, resume building, group discussions, presentations, aptitude tests, mock interviews, Internships, Global Technical certifications and more.
The placement of an engineering student is the successful culmination of the toil and rigor they undergo in these 4 years. Rungta R1 is considered one of the top engineering colleges in entire Central India because of its placements. Peers and contemporaries see Rungta College’s placements as a benchmark. Everyone admires its high quality of education and at culmination of course, Institute put all its efforts to ensure every eligible student gets placed in a reputed organization as per their skills and abilities.
Never forget to include accreditations, rankings, and tie-ups while selecting a college. These are the crucial constituents of a reputed college and a college’s overall quality and standard of academics is best reflected by the accreditations they possess including awards, accolades such as – All India Rankings and more.
You will be glad to know that Rungta College of Engineering and Technology, Bhilai is ranked amongst the top 50 self-financed Institute of India by myriads of reputed ranking agencies including, Outlook, Dataquest, The Week, Career 360, etc. Rungta College, Bhilai, is accredited by the NBA as well as NAAC. Furthermore, Rungta College of Engineering and Technology is also accredited by major multinational organizations for placements and these include reputed MNCs such as – Amazon, Accenture, TCS, Cognizant, Capgemni, Tech Mahindra, etc.
Awards and accreditations Rungta College of Engineering and Technology have received:
- Ranked 19thin India Today Survey for India’s Best Professional Colleges by India Today in 2019
- Ranked 23rdin Outlook Survey for India’s Best Professional Colleges by Outlook in 2019
- Ranked 18thin India by DATA QUEST in the Survey Of Top T-Schools in 2019
- Ranked 20thin India and 2nd in East by The Week in 2019 – from 37th position last year.
- Ranked 32nd in India and 1stin East by Competition Success Review in 2017
- Graded AAA by Careers 360 in India’s Best Engineering Colleges in 2019
- Awarded “Best Technical Institution 2016 – Central India” by ASSOCHAM
- Ranked 29thin India by Electronics For You
- Ranked 22ndin India by Smart Techie
- Ranked 22ndin India by Silicon India
- Ranked 23rdin India by Dainik Bhaskar
- Ranked 23rdin India by The North East Sun
- Rated as 5 Star College by The Pioneer
- Graded A+++ by Education Post
Placement is a highly systematic process; all students register into a TNP suite with their academic and extracurricular/co-curricular achievements and their overall data gets analyzed and verified. The students participating in recruitment activities also specify the technology they have specialized with additional training and certifications they possess. We understand the importance of certification and training programs; hence, we give equal emphasis on these as well as our curriculum.
The Process: Companies connect is a yearlong process and the TNP department visits major campus recruiters several times a year. Why? It helps them gather their expectations vis-à-vis student skills and the entire campus recruitment cycle. You might be fascinated to know the companies can evaluate a student even before they confirm for a campus drive. They are provided with login credentials to the TNP suite and with this, they can look into students’ preparedness as per their requirements. With this, the companies can be motivated to come down for a formal campus drive.
The TNP Department of Rungta College of Engineering & Technology, Bhilai takes care that almost all eligible students get placed in their dream companies except for those students who have opted for higher education or their Entrepreneurial venture. The mix of companies is such that it accommodates students from all streams. Here, apart from IT organizations, various companies from the core sectors of Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, etc. are also part of the overall campus placement drives.
As companies are lined up for all available streams of engineering, the students of the core, as well as circuit branches, have ample opportunities to a great extent. You will be happy to know that several students of the core branch end up with more than one job offer in their hands as they get opportunities in core companies as well as IT companies.
Rungta College of Engineering and Technology, Bhilai has a very good roster of companies that they can call as their patrons”. These companies visit every year for recruiting students because they are happy with already placed students in their respective organizations. The TNP support at Rungta is so strong that, it justifies the name it claims. You name any company and it would be brought into the placement fold of the institute. Students share their aspirations regarding the company they wish to start their career with and the TNP department ensures that all those companies include Rungta students into their placement drives.
The best part about recruitment drives at Rungta College is that we allow students from other colleges as well to visit our campus and take part in recruitment activities. You might be shocked to know Rungta College has helped 750+ students get placed from different colleges via various placement drives.
The placement season begins with “DREAM” companies offering dream packages. These include companies like Amazon, Kony, SAP labs, etc. Then it begins with Day 1 sharing companies that include Accenture, Capgemini, Tech Mahindra, TCS, etc. The next lineup is a series of pooled drives of companies like Wipro, L&T, and Cognizant, etc. This gets followed by a set of core sector companies and the entire process ends with a gala known as “PlacementNamaa”. Here, more than 45 companies come in a week for recruiting students from all across the state.
Our regular recruiters include – Amazon, SAP, Accenture, CTS, TCS, Wipro, Capgemini, Infosys, Kony Labs, DBS, IBM, Hexaware, Tech Mahindra, Mahindra and Mahindra, Amdocs, Reliance Jio, Adani Power, Asahi India, Daikin, Nestle, Quinnox, Byju’s, Keka, Technovert, Webdunia, Diaspark, Tavisca, Tudip Technologies and many more.
Training & Placement Cell Contribution
The Training and Placement Cell does rigorous work to make the students placed in their respective dream companies. The department offers a comprehensive 480 hours program, to ensure that every student is industry ready, so-to-say. So, without any further ado, let us see the contributions made by the members of TNP in making a student’s dream come true.
Efforts of the Training & Placement Cell can be seen in:
- Preparations for the interviews: The members of the Training and Placement Cell boost a student’s confidence via interviews. They create real-life scenarios and ask questions to the students that makes them ready to face any interview confidently. This makes them ready for modern world challenges and requirements.
- Personality Development and Communication Skills Programs: Rungta College of Engineering and Technology helps a student with personality development and communication skills programs. We comprehend that these are crucial ingredients in the recipe of placement so we emphasize these equally. With such classes, a student can confidently present themselves in front of recruiters and HR professionals.
- Group Discussion and Mock Interview Practice: We focus on GDs and mock interviews too. Group discussions help a student keep their thought in front of others in a confident way. Mock interviews help reduce stress and anxiety, help you receive constructive feedback, prepares you for behavioral-based interview questions, and more.
- Entrepreneurship Development Program: Not only we make our students future-ready for recruitments but we also like to see our students as entrepreneurs. We have a dedicated Entrepreneurship Development Program with the name RuBI -Rungta Business Incubator, under our Training and Placement Cell where our mentors guide the students on the foundations of entrepreneurship. Brainstorming and business etiquettes are a crucial part of this program.
- Industry Internship Programs: Internships make you ready for working in your dream company and gives you a better insight into how a company works internally amidst departments. Industry Internship Programs helps you explore a career path, give yourself an edge, helps you refine your skills, and helps you build better network and connections, and more.
- Foreign Language Courses: As one of the top engineering colleges in India, we understand the value of foreign language courses. You will be happy to know we are providing the Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) Certification to our students. The easiest level of certification is N5 and the most difficult level is N1. With this, Rungta College of Engineering and Technology ensures that the students who have completed their certification get a package of 28 lacs per annum or more.
- Live Projects: Students at Rungta, are motivated to take up actual live problem statements from Industry/ Society and develop a working solution for it in form of a comprehensive project, by the time they complete their 6th semester. The research, study they do to complete the projects in group, and the technical competency they acquire while completing the project, equips every student with loads of material to tell in a campus interview, ensuring maximum success rate by Rungta Students in any MNC.
So, now you know how to build your future the right way. Remember, getting selected in a reputed college like Rungta College of Engineering and Technology is a prerequisite for getting placed in your dream companies. Substandard colleges don’t have a Training and Placement Cell of their own and students from those colleges don’t get placed easily. Those students have to endure hardships; they struggle a lot for getting placed, as they lack proper preparation that is crucial for getting placed such as training programs, certifications, mock interviews, mentors, group discussions, presentations and more. So, take your time and choose a college wisely to get placed in top companies without any hassle.
PS: The salary/remuneration mentioned/discussed in this blog has been gathered from various legacy/historic data. The CTCs or salary mentioned here are valid for the pre-COVID-19 situation and holds true as per our best knowledge. Kindly, make a note that the present placement activities and packages offered are going to change during the post-global pandemic situation.